Invisalign is a discreet orthodontic technique that uses a series of custom-made aligners to gradually move the positions of crooked, gappy or crowded teeth to improve the appearance of your smile. As it is a less noticeable way to straighten teeth, it is suitable for adults or teenagers who may feel self-conscious about wearing very obvious braces.
Invisalign blends perfectly into your everyday life, and requires no changes to your diet or lifestyle as the aligners can be removed. You can maintain your oral hygiene as normal, eat whatever you choose and even take your aligners out for special occasions.
Free consultations available
At LS1 Dental, we offer free consultations to help you decide if Invisalign is the right treatment for you. Please contact us for more information.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Almost invisible – Invisalign aligners are incredibly discreet and can’t be seen when worn in the mouth.
- Removable – the aligners are completely removable, allowing you to eat and drink whatever you choose without the worry of them breaking or staining. You can also brush and floss your teeth as normal.
- Custom-made – the bespoke aligners are secure and comfortable, with no metal or wires which could irritate your mouth.
- Effective – Invisalign aligners gradually and gently move your teeth into their new positions. It can be used for a range of issues, including misalignment and gaps.
What does the treatment involve?
- If you are a suitable candidate for this adult-friendly treatment, we take impressions and photos, and collect other information about your teeth. We then use special 3D technology to create a personalised plan, which shows how your teeth will move and also how they will look after treatment.
- When your custom-made aligners are ready, you will wear a different one every two weeks until the carefully controlled force shifts your teeth to a better position. You may feel minor discomfort when you begin wearing a new aligner, but this is usually just a feeling of pressure and a good indicator that the treatment is working.
- Treatment times will vary depending on your individual issue, but most cases are completed in 6-12 months. As the aligners only work while you are actually wearing them, we recommend they are kept in place for 22–24 hours per day.
Why do so many people choose Invisalign?
The convenience, effectiveness and easy to use nature of Invisalign has made it the straightening system of choice for millions of patients looking to improve their smiles worldwide. It’s the clear choice for patients looking for a cosmetic approach to their orthodontic treatment. The removable aligners fit seamlessly into each patient’s daily lives and do not require any major changes to diet or brushing routines. Invisalign offers a very successful way to boost confidence and achieve a dream smile.
Following treatment, as with all orthodontic methods, you will need to wear a retainer to stop your teeth moving back to their former position.
We know that Invisalign treatment can be expensive, which is why we are pleased to offer 0% finance payment plans to help you spread the cost and make it more affordable.
Please get in touch to find out more.